Mini glasshouse or plant cloches are a great way to give plants an early start in spring, when the weather can still be a little cold for some plants. The air inside will heat up helping the plants grow.
- Plastic bottle, with the base cut off and the cap from the top removed (this creates a readymade air vent).
- Plant suggestions, lettuce, silverbeet, broccoli or cabbage.
- Place the cut off bottle over a small seedling, pushing it into the ground.
- Don’t forget to water your plants as the rain can’t get in.
- Remove the bottle once the seedling has grown, and the weather has warmed up.
Adult supervision may be required to help with this project, depending on the child's age.