MICRO-GREEN EGG HEADS
Micro-greens are quick to grow, and you will get a thick bunch of hair you can then eat in salads or sandwiches.
- An empty egg carton
- Empty egg shells
- Potting mix
- Felt-tip pen
- Micro-green seeds (I have used a mixture, or you could use cress seeds)
- Paint your egg carton and add decorations if you want.
- Draw faces on the egg shells using a felt-tip marker.
- Fill the shells to almost the top with potting mix (I used a teaspoon to fill the shells).
- Gently sprinkle a small amount of seeds and then put a very thin layer of potting mix to just cover.
- Water the soil with a small amount of water.
- Place the shells into the egg carton - and watch for the hair to grow in a few days.
Adult supervision may be required to help with this project, depending on the child's age.