Floral Aqua Jar
This project is about making an interesting type of floral arrangement. In the photo you can see an example of an aqua jar that I have made.
What you will need:
- a glass jar with a lid (an old jam jar would work just fine)
- plastercine or blue-tac
- a toothpick
- a small selection of flowers and leaves (ask an adult what you can pick)
- Take the plastercine or blue-tac and stick this to the inside of the lid.
- Using a toothpick, poke holes in the plastercine to make it easier to put the flowers into it.
- Arrange the flowers in the holes.
- Fill the jar with water.
- Place the flowers, attached to the inside of the lid, into the jar and screw the lid firmly into place.
- Tip the jar upside down.
- Add food colouring to the water.
- Add other decorations to the flower arrangement – for example, an artificial butterfly.
Notice how the flowers look different when looking at them through the water. Enjoy this project!
Adult supervision may be required to help with this project, depending on the child's age.